Disclaimer

The ideas, views and opinions expressed in here in blog or comments and profile represent my own views and not those of any of my current or previous employer .They are based and taken from regulatory guidance available freely and my interpretations from my experience.

Sunday 23 June 2019

Pharmacovigilance and beyond~old blog with new content



After 3 years of a break, I am attempting to restart writing my blog which will cover pharmacovigilance topics, primarily, and whenever appropriate some other relevant topics.  I am deeply thankful to my old readers and followers who kept on contacting me to write the blog again. I am humbled by their response for my amateur attempt of writing. Although I am no expert in this field the reason of starting this can be summed in below 2 points:                                                                 
  • Learning by sharing knowledge: Pharmacovigilance (PV) is a vast domain which is tightly governed by rules, regulations, guidance’s, which are at times too many to follow and remember. In addition, in PV, the race is against time, to remember these rules/guidelines on time to be compliant with submission to Health Authority is not always possible. Sometimes you have luxury of time and you read, understand and apply this regulations/rules for yourself, but the same luxury is not available to one of your colleagues, who can benefit from your knowledge. With the same intention, I have restarted my blog, to learn together by sharing our knowledge. Particularly Pharmacovigilance knowledge (and other related domain) to be complaint to ensure patient safety!
  • Awareness regarding PV: The other aspect of writing this blog is to create awareness regarding pharmacovigilance and other domains of pharmaceutical industry that make medicines available to patients. A doctor without a treatment for your disease (i.e. drugs/medicines) is like a soldier without weapon in a war. Healthcare professionals working in pharmaceutical industry do work behind the scenes to make these drugs available to patient that are safe and effective.
The posts will be particularly short (I will try my best) and will talk about different interlinked topics such as career options in pharma industry, PV regulations, Regulatory guidelines, hypothetical case scenarios, various medical/clinical topics, diseases etc. But focus will be to cover PV topics.

Thanks for reading,

Dr.shraddha Bhange.

Connect with me Via comments below.
Support the cause of better rural education with me :ThinkSharp Foundation http://thinksharpfoundation.org/#home

6 comments:

  1. Very nice and descriptive information with easily understandable language. Keep it up Dr Shraddha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dr. Shraddha, your blog is very informative. and the topics are very interesting. Please keep writing.
    Also I would request you to write on "Causality assessment" If possible, it will be really helpful.

    Thank you in anticipation.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your suggestions, they are most welcome!

Disclaimer

Disclaimer